We have reviewed our data collection and retention policy in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This page provides an overview, if you would like more details, the data controller is Phineas Group (UK) Ltd –
The Deco Building
Information we may collect from you
We collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site phineasgroup.com(our site). This includes subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further information or services. We may also have collected your details when we met you at an event.
- When you submit your data to us, either through the website, by email or in person, this is collected by our CRM and is used by us in a variety of ways, specifically:
- Providing information about products and services
- Providing and personalising our services
- Dealing with your enquiries, requests and orders
- Administering membership of our newsletter distribution list
In all cases our aim is that it is clear what you are opting into and you will have given your consent for us to use your data.
If you have downloaded a content offer then we collect your name and email address and use this to send out news and information from Phineas Group if you have consented to receive further information. You can unsubscribe at any time, either by using the unsubscribe feature on our or by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org
What we do with the information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Internal record keeping
- Improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about our products and services which we think you may find interesting, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- Improve or customise the website according to your interests.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, we will only contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (e.g. the order form/registration form).
Where we store the information
Hubspot is our client relationship management tool and collects and stores your data. In this instance, Hubspot is the data processor and Phineas Group is the data controller.
Hubspot is a cloud based provider with a significant European customer base and impressive commitment to GDPR. It is registered with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. More about the Hubspot commitment to data protection.
Disclosure of your information
We will not sell your personal information to any unrelated third party.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group as defined in the Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Phineas Group (UK) Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- To protect the rights, property or safety of Phineas Group (UK) Ltd, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access and disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We use very few cookies; the only information we collect about users either through Google Analytics or Hubspot:
If you would like to be removed from being tracked by our Analytics, then please email email@example.com with your IP address and we will block this from being tracked.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may however prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over those websites. Therefore, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statements and privacy policies applicable to the website in question.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to request access to and be provided with a copy of the personal data processed about you together with certain information about the processing of such personal data to check that are processing it lawfully
Data Retention and Deletion
Personal data is processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for ie to fulfil obligations to a contract or administer one-off and regular orders or answer any business related enquiries. Personal data collected for the purposes of Phineas Group’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes.
If you would like to see or remove your personal data from our database, please contact us at email@example.com
Phineas Group (UK) Ltd
The Deco Building